Since its original release in 1964, the Mustang Bass has been one of Fender's most enduring bass designs, finding its way into the hands of bassists ranging from The Rolling Stones to My Chemical Romance. This updated Fender Mustang PJ Pau Ferro Electric Bass of the short-scale underground hero adds the power of our venerable P Bass and J Bass pickups to the traditional Mustang design for flexible, thunderous bass tone with smooth playing feel and slick visual style.
Powered by a time-tested pair of pickups, the Mustang Bass PJ is packed with flexible tone that can match any sonic requirement. A punchy split single-coil P Bass middle pickup is joined by a growling Jazz Bass neck pickup in an unbeatable pairing that combines the best of both sonic worlds. Master volume and tone controls, along with a conventional three-way pickup switch get you to all available sounds. Not only is the 30" scale more comfortable for smaller hands, it reduces string tension, creating a looser playing feel that lends itself to nimble playing styles while adding a fat, "blooming" quality to the lower notes and sweetening the higher notes. Topped by a 9.5"-radius pau ferro fingerboard with 19 medium jumbo frets, the "C"-shaped maple neck is comfortable for all playing styles.
This bass's smaller body easily fits those with smaller frames while maintaining Fender's classic stylistic appeal, and is also great for energetic stage performances thanks to its light weight. In a nod to its roots, this modernized instrument includes vintage-style Fender tuning machines and a vintage-style disc string tree, along with a four-bolt neck plate and standard four-saddle bridge—all finished in gleaming chrome. A classic instrument, upgraded with features for the modern bassist, the short-scale Mustang Bass PJ is sure to please with its flexible sound, easy playing feel and slick style.
Features - Offset Waist Mustang Bass Body
- White Dot Position Inlays
- Vintage Style Strap Buttons
- Vintage-Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass Knobs
- Single Disk String Tree
- Model Name: Mustang Bass PJ
- Series: Offset Series
- Body: Alder
- Neck: Maple, "C" Shape,
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 9.5" Radius (241 mm)
- FRETS: 19 Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 30" (762 mm)
- Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.50" (38 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Machine Heads: Fender Vintage-Style
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Pickups: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Jazz Bass (Bridge), Vintage-Style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass (Middle)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
-- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
-- Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups
-- Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Strings: Fender USA, NPS, (Gauges .045 - .105)
*Stock photos shown. Serial # will be different.
top of page
bottom of page