If Eddie Van Halen could have ordered his dream guitar in the late '70s, what would it have looked like? EVH has answered this with the Eddie Van Halen Striped Series of guitars -- delivering an unblemished modern take on the guitar hero's most iconic axes.
Striped and Set Up Like Eddie's Countless aspiring shredders took to their axes with paint cans after Van Halen erupted on the scene. While it might have been a fun DIY project, it's now much easier for EVH luthiers to do the work for you when you order a brand-new, professionally made version of Eddie's "Frankenstein." EVH has also fitted this version with a quartersawn maple neck for the same look as his iconic guitar. One of the most subtle touches is the single volume knob -- it's labeled as a tone knob, just like on the original.
Upgrades Add Tonal Range The EVH Eddie Van Halen Striped Series guitars build upon the legend's original homemade guitar with modern features. EVH has issued his own branded locking tremolo system for players embarking on warbling whammy dive bombs. The bridge comes equipped with the D-Tuna system -- a best friend for players who instantly want to drop their low E string down a whole step for heavier chugging. The sole pickup is an EVH Wolfgang humbucker in the bridge position. Naturally, these guitars were developed with help from Eddie Van Halen himself, who oversaw 80 pickup prototypes before approving the type featured in Striped Series guitars.
Straightforward, Unchained Sound Wolfgang pickups are known for their bright, aggressive sounds and ability to clean up the sound when the volume is decreased. The pickup on the Eddie Van Halen Series guitar is directly mounted into the body, making for more resonant tones and less tonal interference.
- Basswood body
- Hand-rubbed oil finish
- Quartersawn maple neck with compound radius maple fretboard
- Thumbwheel adjustment on truss rod
- EVH Wolfgang pickup is directly mounted to body in bridge position
- EVH locking tremolo
- D-Tuna system in bridge for easy switch to drop-D tuning
- Single volume knob
- EVH die-cast tuners
- Body: Basswood Stratocaster-style
- Neck: Quartersawn maple
- Fingerboard: Maple fingerboard
- Radius: Compound radius; 12-16 inch
- Frets: 22 Jumbo
- Inlay: Black dot
- Pickup: Wolfgang humbucker
- Controls: Single volume knob
- Nut: Floyd Rose locking nut
- Bridge: EVH-branded locking tremolo
- Tuners: EVH die-cast tuners
- Vintage-style strap buttons
- Thumbwheel truss rod adjustment
- EVH neck plate
- Bar string retainer
- Hardware: Chrome
- Finish: Hand-rubbed oil finish
top of page
bottom of page