As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear his playing and experience his artistry. Charvel worked meticulously with Govan on the development of his signature lineup to create superior guitars in distinctive Charvel form.
Harkening back to the late '80s when Charvel guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, Charvel introduces the Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM. Exquisite in style, this MJ signature model blends Charvel's unparalleled legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of Govan's preferred top-end features.
This 25.5" scale guitar features a San Dimas basswood body with an ash top and specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on maple neck has a "caramelized" heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, along with graphite reinforcement, satin finish on the back of the neck and a conveniently located heel-mount truss rod adjustment wheel. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the 12"-16" compound radius caramelized maple fingerboard features 24 jumbo stainless-steel frets, as well as creme dot inlays and Luminlay side dots.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, along with a two-way mini toggle switch to engage single-coil simulation in bridge and neck humbucker positions. This instrument also comes loaded with two Luminlay numbered dome control knobs for volume and tone, recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with pop-in tremolo arm and brass block, Gotoh die-cast locking tuners and Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut.
The Guthrie Govan Signature MJ San Dimas SD24 CM is available in a stately Three-Tone Sunburst finish, complete with chrome hardware, brown pickup bobbins and a licensed Fender Stratocaster headstock.
- Series: MJ
- Body Shape: San Dimas Style 1
- Body Material: Basswood
- Body Top: Ash
- Body Finish: Satin
- Neck Material: Caramelized Maple
- Neck Construction: Bolt-On with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Caramelized Maple, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Position Inlays: Creme Dots
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ XL, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Licensed Fender Stratocaster
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Heel-Mount Truss Rod Adjustment Wheel
- Bridge: Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Pickups: Charvel Custom Humbucking, Charvel Custom Single-Coil, Charvel Custom Humbucking
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Full Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge Inner Coil and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Bridge Outer Coil and Neck Outer Coil
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Outer Coil
- Position 5. Full Neck Pickup
- Auxiliary Switching: 2-Way Mini-Toggle to Engage Single-Coil Simulation in Bridge (Pos 1) and Neck (Pos 5) Humbucker Positions
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style Luminlay Numbered
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Charvel Style 1/2 Economy Case (P/N 099-0912-100)