With the DS-1X Distortion Pedal, Boss has recreated an amped-up version of their classic DS distortion footpedal. Decked out in orange -- just as a distortion pedal should be -- the DS-1X offers the same controls as its predecessor with the added benefit of two-band EQ (the original DS-1 had just the one tone knob) so you can dial in exactly the grungy sound you're after.
The DS Heritage
Boss's iconic orange DS-1 distortion pedal has been the standard for stompbox distortion since its introduction in the late '70s. Appealing to guitarists from Kurt Cobain to Joe Satriani, Boss's DS distortion pedals offer great tonal range delivering everything from wailing leads to crunchy lows.
Boss Multi-Dimensional Processing
Driven by custom DSPs and Boss's innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) platform, the DS-1X offers greater tonal clarity than traditional analog stompboxes. That means you can play up and down the neck without having to bend over to tweak your settings. The DS-1X is also more responsive than conventional footpedals allowing you to play clearly whether you're playing muted or at extremely high volume.
Special Edition Style
The DS-1X is specially finished with chrome knobs and control plate exclusive to this product line. Boss even threw in a vintage-style silver battery compartment access knob granting the DS-1X a uniquely sophisticated look.
- Special edition Boss DS series distortion pedal
- Classic metal stompbox design with style pedal switch
- Level, low, high, and distortion control knobs
- Driven by Boss's Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) and custom DSPs
- DSP-based design delivers clarity and responsiveness unmatched by traditional analog pedals
- Adaptive signal processing ensures the distortion sounds great at any octave
- Experience clear distortion wit any picking style, at any volume, at any register on the guitar
- Special edition chrome knobs and control plate and vintage-style silver knob for battery compartment
- Includes low battery indicator
- 1/4 inch right-to-left inputs and outputs
Uses 9-volt battery or PSA-120 adapter (not included).