Recognized for his incredible funk chops and inventive lead work, guitarist, producer, and arranger Cory Wong’s soulful playing with Vulfpeck, as well as his Grammy-nominated solo work have earned him a loyal following and led to sold-out arena performances. The Cory Wong Stratocaster® is a tribute to Cory’s favorite Fender®, thoughtfully modified to meet the funk master’s needs.
The Sapphire Blue Transparent satin lacquer finish recreates the look and feel of Cory’s beloved original Strat®, while the scaled-down alder body – slightly smaller than a typical Stratocaster – combined with American Ultra™ Modern “D” neck and sculpted body contours deliver a sublimely comfortable playing experience. A set of Seymour Duncan® Cory Wong Clean Machine™ pickups provides classic Strat quack and chime, fine-tuned to achieve his distinctive tone.
Other features include a maple neck with subtly modified headstock shape, rosewood fingerboard with rolled edges and a compound 10-14” radius, vintage-style 6-screw synchronized Tremolo, deluxe locking tuners that provide improved tuning stability and easy string changes, and a push/push pot on Tone 2 that bypasses the 5-way switch and defaults to "Position 4". Also included are a Cory Wong hair tie (for muting the tremolo springs to achieve Cory’s rhythm tone), rubber straplock washer set and custom neck plate.
- Series: Artist
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Urethane
- Neck: Maple, Modern "D"
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Dot
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Deluxe Cast/Sealed Locking (all short posts)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 4-Ply White Pearloid
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Custom Stack Plus (Bridge), Seymour Duncan Cory Wong Clean Machine Single-Coil (Neck & Middle)
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade:
- Position 1. Bridge Pickup
- Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup
- Position 3. Middle Pickup
- Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup
- Position 5. Neck Pickup
Auxiliary Switching: Push/Push on Tone 2 Bypasses 5-Way Switch and Defaults to Position 4
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: White Plastic
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Hardshell
*Stock photos shown. Serial # will be different.
top of page
bottom of page