The Fender® American Vintage II series celebrates the revolutionary designs that altered the course of musical history. Built with period-accurate bodies, necks and hardware, premium finishes and meticulously voiced, year-specific pickups, each instrument captures the essence of authentic Fender craftsmanship and tone.
The Telecaster® Custom marked one of Fender’s earliest forays into the use of humbucking pickups. This Limited Tele® Custom features a unique comfort-contoured body with belly cut, a 3-way toggle located on the upper bout and dual volume and tone controls mounted to a stylish, elongated pickguard. The American Vintage II Limited 1977 Telecaster Custom reproduces the quintessential tone and feel of the original.
This Tele features a Wide Range humbucking pickup in the neck position and a Pure Vintage ‘77 single-coil Tele® pickup in the bridge position. To create an authentic Wide-Range humbucking pickup, we resurrected CuNiFe magnets, which had been out of production since 1981, and are an essential element in recreating the sonics of the original. The American Vintage II Limited 1977 Telecaster Custom plays like a dream with a ‘77 “C”-shape hard rock maple neck with a 7.25” radius maple or rosewood fingerboard and vintage tall frets. Other features include a Tele bridge with 6 slotted steel barrel saddles, “F” stamped tuners, a convenient “Bullet” style truss rod nut and a three-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt™ mechanism. Available for a limited time in three finish options: Olympic White, 3-Color Sunburst, and Wine Red over an alder body.
The instruments in the American Vintage II series are direct descendants of the original Fenders: designed for players with a fine appreciation for vintage Fender tone and feel and built with unmatched quality, down to the last screw. These are Fender electrics in their purest form: Fender American Vintage II, the stuff of legends.
Weight: 7 LBS 10 OZ
- Series: American Vintage II
- Model Name: American Vintage II 1977 Telecaster Custom
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple, 1977 "C"
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Fingerboard: Round-Laminated Rosewood, 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: White Pearloid Dot-7mm
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.650" (42 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Pure Vintage Fender "F" Stamped
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.77 cm)
- Bridge: Pure Vintage 6-Saddle Tele with Slotted Steel Barrel Saddles
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Black/White/Black
- Pickups: Pure Vintage '77 Single-Coil Tele (Bridge), Authentic CuNiFe Wide-Range Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle; Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck
- Controls: Pickup Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge Pickup)
- Control Knobs: Skirted Black Plastic with Numbered Indicators
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender(R) USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges), PN 0730250406
- Case/Gig Bag: Vintage-Style Black Hardshell Case (Orange Interior)
top of page
bottom of page