2006 CF Martin JC Buddy Guy signature #23 of 36 signed label w case
Super rare guitar - I cannot find another for sale on the internet
Here is one of the most unique and rare Martin guitars ever made. It’s a Buddy Guy JC cutaway Jumbo model and only 36 were made. Check out the beautiful blue turquoise inlays all over! The label is hand-signed by Buddy Guy and CF Martin IV. The guitar is in lightly used condition with a couple of light indentations but very minimal. Frets and neck are in excellent condition, neck is straight and truss rod works fine & action is just right. neck angle is good and saddle has the correct height.
The guitar comes with the original case as shown
The JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar combines Martin's J (Jumbo) body style -- like the Martin Buddy has played at acoustic concerts in recent years -- with a cutaway for big sound and easy access to the upper frets. The Sitka spruce top is reinforced with 5/16" scalloped braces for clear tone and impressive dynamic range. The sides and Style 35 three-piece back are richly colored East Indian rosewood. The low profile 1-11/16" (at the nut) neck is carved from genuine mahogany.
But it is the appointments that really set the JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar apart. Buddy likes polka dots on his guitars, and polka dots he got. The unique rosette features three five-ply black/white rings, the inner two flanking a ring of turquoise composite dots. Turquoise composite dot inlays also accent the black ebony belly bridge and the ebony bridge pins. The black ebony fingerboard provides the palette for a random "splash" of turquoise composite polka dots. Buddy Guy's "BG" initials serve as the position marker at the 12th fret, while mother of pearl dots, bordered in turquoise, mark the 5th, 7th, 9th and 15th frets. The black ebony headplate showcases the block letter "C. F. Martin" logo, also inlaid in turquoise composite.
This guitar showcases extraordinary purfling, even for a Signature Edition Martin. The top features seven-ply, differential width black/white purfling while the back is encircled by five-ply black/white fine line purfling. Black/white purfling accents the sides, endpiece, heelcap, headstock and fingerboard. To show off the purf ling to best advantage, the guitar is bound in grained ivoroid throughout: body, neck and headstock. A gloss finish on the body highlights the purfling; the neck sports a satin finish for playing comfort.
The JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar is factory equipped with Fishman VT electronics. To simplify "on the fly" adjustments in the tradition of electric blues, the volume and tone knobs are mounted on the top, just below the bridge and the polished and beveled black pickguard. Delivered in a Geib style hardshell case, each Martin JC Buddy Guy Blues Guitar bears an interior label individually signed by Buddy Guy and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV and is numbered in sequence with the edition total.Features
- Sitka spruce top
- East Indian rosewood back and sides.
- Mahogany neck with black ebony fingerboard and turquoise composite polka dots
- Unique rosette featuring three five-ply black/white rings, the inner two flanking a ring of turquoise composite dots
- Turquoise composite dot inlays accent the black ebony belly bridge and bridge pins
- Buddy Guy’s “BG” initials serve as the position marker at the 12th fret, mother of pearl dots, bordered in turquoise, mark the 5th, 7th, 9th and 15th frets
- Black ebony headplate with block letter “C. F. Martin” logo inlaid in turquoise composite
- Black/white purfling accents the sides, endpiece, heelcap, headstock and fingerboard
- Factory equipped with Fishman VT electronics
- Geib-style hardshell case
- Interior label individually signed by Buddy Guy and Martin Chairman C. F. Martin IV, numbered in sequence with the edition total