2021 New For Sale: $5499.00 Please Call To Purchase
Weight: 9 LB 5 OZ
In 1954, Les Paul himself is said to have asked Gibson to make an even more luxurious version of the guitar that bore his name. The ultra-high-end guitar Gibson designed to meet Les' request featured various upgrades to the hardware and electronics, such as frets so low and flat that the Les Paul Custom was nicknamed "The Fretless Wonder." The standard version of the Les Paul was already known as one of the best guitars available -- the custom version simply took things a step further for guitarists who wanted the absolute best of everything, from sound to design to hardware. In the 1950s, Gibson described their Les Paul Custom as "the ultimate in a solidbody electric guitar." More than half a century later, Gibson rightfully stands by that statement.
- Top-of-the-line Gibson Les Paul
- Dual humbuckers with 490R at the neck and a 498T at the bridge.
- Precisely chambered body for diminished weight and enhanced tone
- Stunning multi-ply binding on the body and single-ply binding on the neck
- Mahogany neck with '59 rounded Les Paul profile
- Tune-o-matic with stop-bar tailpiece
- Included hardshell case and certificate of authenticity
- Body: Carved Maple top, Mahogany back
- Neck/Profile: Mahogany/'59 Rounded Les Paul
- Fingerboard: Ebony 22 frets
- Inlay: Pearl block
- Scale: 24-3/4"
- Nut Width: 1-11/16"
- Binding: Multi-ply top, back, and headstock, single-ply fingerboard
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Tune-o-matic/Stop bar
- Hardware: Gold
- Pickups: 490R Alnico magnet humbucker, 498T Alnico magnet humbucker
- Controls: 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way switch
- Strings: Les Paul Signature .009-.046