Road-tested in arenas around the world, the Wolfgang® Special is a purebred music-making machine, designed with stunning style, giant sound and high-speed playability.
The Wolfgang Special features a basswood body with an arched top and a robust graphite-reinforced bolt-on quartersawn maple neck. The neck is carved and rolled to Eddie Van Halen’s exacting specifications and features a hand-rubbed satin urethane finish on the back. Primed for high performance, energetic riffing and blazing leads, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard has 22 jumbo frets and pearloid dot inlays. Truss rod adjustments have also never been easier thanks to a spoke wheel conveniently located at the base of the neck.
A pair of flagship custom-designed EVH® Wolfgang Alnico 2 humbucking pickups are mounted directly to the body, providing dynamic yet articulate voicing, as well as endless sustain for powerful chords and melody lines. A sturdy and dependable EVH-branded Floyd Rose® locking trem and Floyd Rose locking nut work in tandem for precise tuning even with extreme changes in pitch, while the EVH D-Tuna® retunes to drop-D and back with strict accuracy at the flick of a finger. The volume knob with treble bleed circuit has a 500K EVH Bourns® low friction pot for smooth swells and a tone control knob with a 250K Bourns high friction tone pot that prevents accidental tone shifting.
- Solidbody Electric Guitar
- Basswood Body
- Bolt-On Construction Baked Maple Neck with Graphite Reinforcement
- Ebony Fretboard with Pearloid Dot Inlays
- 25.5” Scale Length
- 790” at 3rd Fret & .880” at 12th Fret
- 12-16” Compound Radius
- 22 Jumbo Frets
- Direct Mount EVH Wolfgang Humbuckers
- 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Master Volume and Master Tone Controls with Treble Bleed Circuit
- EVH Branded Floyd Rose Special Locking Tremolo
- EVH Branded Tuners