New For Sale: $649.00 Please Call To Purchase
Since 1961, the legendary Casino has been Epiphone’s best-selling archtop and a rock ‘n’ roll standard. First introduced in 1961, the Casino was just one of several new thinline archtops designed and produced at the company’s adopted new factory in Kalamazoo, Michigan that it shared with one-time competitor and new partner, Gibson. The Casino was first adopted by Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones who used a Casino to record the demo for “Satisfaction” at Chess Records in Chicago. Howlin' Wolf took a Casino on his first tour of the UK, appearing on Thank Your Lucky Stars. Shortly afterwards, John Lennon and George Harrison bought Casinos for the Beatles 1966 world tour. Featuring Dogear P-90T Classic™ pickups and a 5-ply Maple body with Basswood top bracing.
- Body: Laminated maple; 5-layer
- Top: Laminated maple; 5-layer
- Neck material: Mahogany
- Neck shape: 1960's SlimTaper
- Set neck
- Scale length: 24.75"
- Pau ferro fretboard
- Parallelogram inlays
- Fretboard radius: 12"
- Frets: 22; medium/jumbo
- Neck pickup: Epiphone P-90R
- Bridge pickup: Epiphone P-90T
- Controls: 1 - neck volume, 1 - neck tone, 1 - bridge volume, 1 - bridge tone
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Hardware: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Coupe trapeze