Independent volume and gain control for all three channels has arrived with the 5150III® 50W EL34 head. Experience total control, along with the same lethal looks and ferocious EL34 tone of the 100-Watt head.
The EL34 power tubes deliver signature harmonic overtones, with more dynamic compression and saturation that evoke a more modern “British” sound, all with the sustain and versatility expected from EVH® 5150III® amps.
Channel one boasts a more sparkling and compressed clean tone, while channels two and three possess a slightly darker and compressed tone with even more saturation than before. Channels one and two each have dual concentric gain/volume controls, with shared EQ (low, mid, high), while channel 3 has an independent EQ. Other features include a rear-panel resonance control that tailors low-frequency response for all channels and a global presence control.
Wrapped in an elegant gold and black EVH motif, the EL34 50-watt head also is equipped with an effects loop, headphone jack, pre-amp out and midi-in.
- Power: 50W (tube)
- Tubes: seven 12AX7 (preamp); two EL34 (power amp)
- Three channels
- Single input
- Impedance: 4 ohm minimum
- Controls: (Channel 1) Independent Volume and Gain w/ shared Low, Mid, and High; (Channel 2) Independent Volume and Gain w/ shared Low, Mid, and High; (Channel 3) Independent Volume, Gain, Low, Mid, and High EQ, with Global Presence and Resonance for all
- Cabinet material: Birch ply
- Covering: Black textured vinyl
- Color: Black and gold motif
- Handle: Molded plastic strap with black powder-coated caps
- Jewel light: Red LED jewel