Weight: 8 LBS 2 OZ
Since its debut in 1954, the Stratocaster has undergone constant refinement to meet the needs and desires of the working guitarist. The American Professional II Strat may be one of the most complete evolutions of this time-tested, player-proven guitar yet.
Bringing touches previously reserved for Custom Shop instruments to a production guitar makes this a very special player. Start with a lightweight alder body to build a classic foundational tone. With a smoothly rolled fingerboard edge, sculpted neck heel and a satin neck finish that feels almost naked, it's an incredibly comfortable guitar to play. Freshly revised V-Mod II single-coil pickups add articulation and warmth to classic Strat chime in the neck and middle position, while the bridge boasts a revolutionary DoubleTap humbucker. The upgraded 2-point synchronized tremolo with its cold-rolled steel block adds sustain and increases clarity while adding a touch of high-end sparkle.
Instantly, totally familiar but subtly different, the American Pro II Strat is one of the most versatile electric guitars you're likely to play. Fender may well have created a new standard in production guitars with this one. Includes deluxe molded case.
- Gloss urethane-finished solid alder body
- 25.5"-scale, satin-finish maple neck, 22-fret, rolled-edge maple fingerboard
- Fender V-Mod II single-coil pickups (middle/neck), DoubleTap humbucker (bridge), 5-way switch, push/push tone knob adds neck
- Fender 2-point synchronized tremolo, bent-steel saddles, pop-in arm, sealed tuners
- Body Type: Double Cutaway Solid Body
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck shape: C
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Satin Urethane
- Material: Rolled-edge Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Narrow-Tall
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width/material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) Bone
- Configuration: HSS
- Neck: Proprietary Single Coil
- Middle: Proprietary Single Coil
- Bridge: Proprietary Humbucker
- Control layout: Master volume Individual tone
- Pickup switch: 5-Way
- Special electronics: Tone bypass
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 2-point Fulcrum tremolo Individual saddle
- Tuning machines: Sealed High-ratio
- Color: Nickel