Skillfully crafted from Sitka spruce and mahogany, the Martin DSS-17 Dreadnought sports a comfortable slope-shoulder shape and produces rich, warm tone.
The Martin DSS-17 Dreadnought slope-shoulder model boasts a rich, warm tone that will delight any player with its beauty. It is skillfully crafted from a solid Sitka spruce top and mahogany back and sides with antique white binding. It features a modified low oval neck with a high-performance taper for added comfort and includes a rosewood fingerboard and bridge, scalloped bracing, and an old-style script logo on the headstock. The DSS-17 produces beautiful, dynamic tones that will please the most discerning musician.
- BODY SIZE: D-14 Fret Slope Shoulder
- FINISH TOP: Satin
- CONSTRUCTION: Simple Dovetail Neck Joint
- BACK & SIDE FINISH: Satin
- BRACING PATTERN: X-Brace
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- BRACE SHAPE: Scalloped
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 3/4''
- TOP MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- NECK SHAPE: Modified Low Oval
- BACK MATERIAL: Mahogany
- NECK TAPER: High-Performance Taper
- SIDE MATERIAL: Mahogany
- ELECTRONICS: None
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS:
- TOP COLOR: Whiskey Sunset Burst
- BRIDGE STYLE: Modern Straightline - Drop in Saddle
- BINDING: Antique White
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 5/32"
- TOP INLAY MATERIAL: Black Stripe
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Rosewood
- TOP DETAIL: None
- BRIDGE PIN MATERIAL: Black Plastic
- PICKGUARD: Faux Tortoise
- BRIDGE PIN DOTS: None
- PICKGUARD INLAY: None
- SADDLE: Compensated Bone
- ROSETTE: Multi-Stripe
- SADDLE RADIUS: 16"
- BRACE MATERIAL: Sitka Spruce
- BACK & SIDES COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- BRACE SIZE: 5/16"
- BACK DETAIL: None
- BACK PURFLING/STRIP: None
- BACK INLAY MATERIAL: None
- HEELCAP: None
- SIDE DETAIL: None
- ENDPIECE: None
- SIDE INLAY MATERIAL: Black Stripe
- ENDPIECE INLAY: None
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Rosewood
- FINISH NECK: Satin
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- NECK COLOR: Dark Mahogany
- FINGERBOARD INLAY STYLE: 1955 Style 18
- NUMBER OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD INLAY MATERIAL: Mother-of-Pearl
- NECK JOINS BODY AT: 14th Fret
- FINGERBOARD BINDING MATERIAL: None
- SIDE DOTS: Yellow
- HEADSTOCK SHAPE: Solid with Square Taper
- TUNING MACHINES: Golden Age Relic Nickel
- HEADPLATE MATERIAL: Ebony
- KNOB: Cream Plastic
- HEADPLATE LOGO STYLE: Script Authentic 1933 Overlay
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADPLATE BINDING MATERIAL: None
- CASE: Soft-Shell
top of page
bottom of page