2021 New For Sale: $1999.00 Please Call To Purchase
Weight: 6 LB 3 OZ
The Gibson SG Standard '61 returns to the classic design that made it relevant, played and loved -- shaping sound across generations and genres of music. In 1961, the Les Paul model was put on hiatus and a design evolved into what is today known as the SG or "solid guitar". The Gibson SG Standard '61 retains the styling of the original featuring a slim taper mahogany neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard. The mahogany body features deeply sculpted body scarfing, a 5-ply teardrop pickguard and a 22nd-fret neck joint. The nickel plated hardware includes a classic-style Tune-O-Matic bridge and keystone tuners. The pickups are 61R and 61T humbuckers for a classic voice with added power and top end. Controls feature audio taper potentiometers and orange drop capacitors.
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Slim Taper
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.695"
- End of Board Width: 2.26"
- Inlays: Acrylic Trapezoids
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Hardware Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Aluminum Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Vintage Deluxe w/ Keystone Buttons
- Pickguard: Black 5-ply
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Silver Reflector
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black
- Neck Pickup: Burstbucker 61R
- Bridge Pickup: Burstbucker 61T
- Output Jack: 2 Volumes, 2 Tones & Toggle Switch (Hand-wired with Orange Drop Capacitors)
- Strings: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: Includes Gibson Accessory Kit