New For Sale: $5999.00 Please Call To Purchase
Rare Oxblood Gloss Finish
Weight: 6 LBS 9.4 OZ
Re-creation of the Classic '58 Flying V
The Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue solidbody electric guitar gives you the experience of holding an original '58 V fresh from the factory. The all-solid-mahogany body gives you an enhanced midrange tone and sustain that will cut through the mix at any gig. And a pair of Gibson Custom Bucker pickups deliver the most-accurate PAF tones to date. And as far as playability is concerned, the "Authentic Chunky C Shape" neck is sure to appeal to fans of stout vintage necks. Whether you've always aspired to a Flying V, or you're interested in adding a historically-accurate and iconic guitar to your collection, your expectations will be exceeded with the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue.
A genuine Flying V, through and through
Gibson Custom's 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue is a classic V, through and through. You'll love the rich midrange character and sustain you get from its mahogany body. The set mahogany neck feels like a classic Gibson, thanks to its "Authentic Chunky C Shape" profile. It comes topped with an Indian rosewood fretboard with 24.75" scale length, for that familiar Gibson feel. The symmetrical headstock makes a perfect platform for the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue's classy Kluson tuners.
Custom Bucker pickups deliver that timeless PAF humbucker tone
When it comes to capturing that classic Gibson tone, nothing beats the sound of the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue's Custom Bucker pickups. You'll love the tight low end, complex midrange, and sweet highs you'll get out of these pickups — it's everything you expect when you pick up a Flying V! That's because Gibson designed their Custom Bucker pickups to re-create the sound of the original PAF humbuckers to perfection.
Top-to-bottom Gibson quality
When you strap on the Gibson Custom 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue, you can feel the quality Gibson built into it. From the tonewoods to the rock-solid set-neck construction to the top-shelf hardware, this axe is made to do the job. Plus, Gibson Custom threw in a deluxe hardshell case that fits the 1958 Mahogany Flying V Reissue like a glove, so your dream axe stays safe and secure when you're on your way to your next gig.
- A guitar with eye-catching looks and amazing playability
- Authentic Chunky C-shape neck profile appeals to fans of fat vintage necks
- Mahogany body for tons of sustain and midrange tone
- Comfortable mahogany neck is topped with a smooth-playing Indian rosewood fretboard
- Custom Bucker pickups deliver amazing PAF humbucker tones
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: 1958 Flying V
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Color: Oxblood Gloss
- Neck Material: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Shape: Authentic Chunky C
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Rosewood
- Fingerboard Inlay: Pearloid Dots
- Number of Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Nut Width: 1.687"
- Nut Material: Nylon
- Bridge/Tailpiece: ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic Birdge with Chevron Tailpiece
- Tuners: Kluson Single Line
- Neck Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Custombucker Alnico III Humbucker
- Controls: 2 x volume, 1 x master tone, 3-way toggle pickup switch
- Strings: Gibson, .010-.046
- Case Included: Hardshell Case