on March 6 2020 I had an appointment to meet with the Custom Shop guys at CF Martin which is an hour drive from my shop. I designed a batch of guitars that day to my specs.
I did a big batch the year before and had some new ideas. I signed my quotes on Mar 10 as shown.
Then the whole world changed and the Martin factory closed down for the first time ever.
I didn't know what would happen to my order let alone the whole world.
on Dec 8 2020 - 3 of my guitars arrived!!! this is the 2nd box I opened. Its a wonderful guitar.
serial # 2414211 CFM CS part # C20-021523
2020 Custom Shop Herringbone HD-28 14 fret with my specs. I ordered 2 with these specs:
- thin satin finish
- wild grain Indian rosewood
- NO PICK GUARD, my idea is that the pickguard dampens the vibration of the top which is not a new idea but you never see Martin guitars without the pickguard
- "Alternate Torch" head stock abalone overlay
- Fingerboard Radius: 16''
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1 3/4"
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2 1/8"
- String Spacing: 2 5/32''
- Neck Profile: Modified Low Oval
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Fingerboard Material: Black Ebony grade 3
- Scalloped bracing
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce X braced forward shifted
- scalloped top bracing
Scale Length: 25.4" - Compensated Scale Length: 25.470"
Grover Nickel V97-18NA StaTite 18:1 Vintage Button